Monday, January 30, 2017

3 Easy to Rustle Up Lunches.

I will never be the kind of girl who can survive on a lettuce leaf for lunch, thank goodness for that. I love nice, wholesome food that keeps the mid-afternoon munchies away.

I'm here to share three of my favourite lunches to whip up that are easy and nutritious, and not a battered ham sambo in sight!





1. An Omelette. 
- I actually think eggs are my favourite food - they're just so tasty and you can so much with them. It's so easy to see what's rolling around the veg drawer and chuck it in a pan with some eggs. And presto - you have a tasty, warm and satisfying lunch to enjoy.

My favourite is definitely to chop up an onion, a red bell pepper, and some mushrooms. Eggs are a great source of protein and help to keep the hunger at bay, plus the bonus of getting to tick off some of your 5 a day!


Red Pepper Omelette
Photo: TotallyTammy

Red Pepper Omelette
Photo: TotallyTammy


2. Quinoa, hummus and veg. 
- A new addition, but definitely a welcome one, to my diet is quinoa. I love it hot or cold, with salads, with curry. It's so versatile and easy to cook. There's always leftovers in our fridge, and a yummy lunch in the making.

Chopped up vegetables and hummus is always a great snack but add some quinoa too it and you'll be full up till dinner.

Don't you think that colourful food is so much more enjoyable to eat?


Quinoa Bowl
Photo: TotallyTammy



3. Smashed Avocado on Toast. 
- Guacamole NEVER  lasts long around me, like seriously, it's a food group in and of itself. I always judge a restaurant on how good their guac is - annnnd no where has ever matched up to our homemade one! I love when I'm in a rush and in need of some carbs to have it on gluten-free toast. It's tasty, refreshing and goes down a treat!

There are so many reasons to love avocados, not only are they full of the good kind of fat (mono-saturated) but they are so easily available now and you can do anything with them. Definitely a superfood that I am behind!


Smashed Avocado on Toast
Photo: TotallyTammy

Smashed Avocado on Toast
Photo: TotallyTammy



Happy Eating,

Tammy x   

No comments:

Post a Comment