Monday, February 20, 2017

Cocu Kitchen

And so the hunt for the best cup of coffee in Dublin continues...

Cocu Kitchen 12oz American
Photo: TotallyTammy


Every time I walk by Cocu Kitchen there's a crowd in there and it's always caught my interest but we didn't venture in until this past weekend. It was our Saturday Coffee Date and we wandered into the one on Baggot Street Upper.

It pretty small inside with a large counter and a bench with some micro tables which were all full! The staff were really friendly, and all looked, dare I say, happy to be there.

The food menu is limited but everything sounds delicious and can't wait to go back for brunch! I'll definitely be getting some of their porridge, or Buckwheat granola, or bircher museli, or some avocado on toast... Yeah I'm going back to eat everything!

Naturally Brewji got caught at the baked goods display! They have a great selection with so many gluten and dairy free options - naturally since we were to full to go for brunch we had to indulge in some sweet treats.

We got an almond blondie and a peanut butter cup, no surprise there haha.

The blondie was so good, it was dense and packed full of flavour. It was definitely almondy and not artificially sweet, I didn't feel like I was being too bold at all - and I loved that there were full almonds in there which gave it great crunch.  It was just a good nutty bite with dark chocolate on top. We were both big fans of this!

Almond Blondie Cocu Kitchen
Photo: TotallyTammy

Now the peanut butter cup - I'm definitely a peanut butter girl, I'll walk around with a spoon of it, sit on the couch with the jar... I love the stuff and Reese's Cups are some of my favourite chocolates - the version from Cocu Kitchen was like a Reese's cup on steroids! It had a thick shell of silky dark chocolate that snapped beautifully when you bit into it. Inside was the creamiest, smoothest unsweetened peanut butter. It was light and flavourful - and had a very liquid consistency so there was none of that clawing, stickiness of peanut butter. It was heaven in a mouthful! Brewji was good enough to share a bite or two with me lol. I'll definitely be going to pick up a few more of these for myself!

Peanut Butter Cup Cocu Kitchen
Photo: TotallyTammy

They have a really good coffee menu, but we are Americano people. I was really impressed to see that they put up their blend of coffee  beans - we had the Henry blend and it was very fragrant. I'm 99% sure it had maybe 25% Guatemala coffee beans which are some of my favourite as they usually have a good citrus note to them due to the soil they are grown in. For me that was predominant flavour in this coffee and it was delicious. I love when a coffee carries enough of it's own flavour that I don't need sugar to enhance it.

American Cocu Kitchen
Photo: TotallyTammy

They offer two sizes for their Americano's - 8oz and 12oz. I did notice that everybody seemed to be getting 8oz but I love my coffee, I wanted the bigger one! Sitting outside and sipping away at the coffee as we devoured our sweet treats it was lovely, however about ½ way through the cup as we were wandering around Baggot Street I felt the strength of the coffee! My head started to spin a little from the caffeine rush  and my stomach wasn't loving it either.

I drink a lot of coffee and this rarely happens to me - I had already had a few cups that day, and there might not have been enough food in my tummy to absorb it. This has in no way turned me off returning, I just think it is something you should be aware of if you're not a big coffee drinker or you're very susceptible to caffeine!

In my opinion Cocu Kitchen is for sure worth a visit - I can't wait to go back and try some more of the stuff. I think it's great value for money, and your mouth and tummy will be very satisfied!

12oz Americano Cocu Kitchen
Photo: TotallyTammy 

Happy Monday,
Tammy x

No comments:

Post a Comment