Friday, February 10, 2017

Cooking for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet: Review


This is definitely one of the most useful and educational cookbooks I have ever gotten.

I was lucky enough to get it as part of my Christmas present last year and since then it hasn't been far away from me. I pretty much pick it up every single day to have a read.

Cooking for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet by Erica Kerwien
Photo: TotallyTammy



"Cooking for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet" is a cookbook that is specially tailored for people who suffer from Digestive / Gastrointestinal issues. All of the recipes are sugar-free, gluten-free and grain-free! When I heard this I got super excited. My husband has Crohn's disease - as does the authors son - I'm Type 1 Diabetic, and neither of us do well with gluten. To me, this book sounded like it was written just for us.

There's are loads of recipes in this book - over 100 - and I've tried a few! Everything so far has been very tasty, and super easy to make.

Cinnamon Bun Muffins
Photo: TotallyTammy

It's not just sweet treats or dinner ideas, it also teaches you how to make your own nut milks, dairy-free cream cheeses (I'm so excited to make cashew cream cheese) and yogurt! Literally with any dietary restrictions you may have there's something in this book for you!

Almond SCD Yogurt recipe - Specific Carbohydrate Diet
Recipe: Erica Kerwien
Photo: TotallyTammy

But the reason I love this book so much, and why it's always sitting on my coffee table or within easy reach, is all the information. Anything you could ever want to know about preparing ingredients, storing food, measurements, what you should have in your pantry... Honestly, it goes on and on.

Soak time for Nuts/Seed/Beans raw
Photo: TotallyTammy
Food Storage
Photo: TotallyTammy
Even if you don't have any limitations with your diet I recommend picking this up! It won't go to waste - there's so much useful information, and helpful tips.

However if you do have any dietary restrictions, especially if you have Crohn's, Colitis, Coeliac disease or any other condition where food impacts your lifestyle this book is an absolute must!

I would also recommend checking out the authors website as well as picking up the book - you can get it from Amazon here

Happy Friday,
Tammy x


No comments:

Post a Comment